Raised Island Designs and Plantings
2002: Raised Island Designs and Plantings
East Northport, New York
ITEM- IDP - 07
- Stage 1 - Property Plan and site survey.
- Stage 2 - Complete renovation of front beds included removal of: old shrubs, roots, stumps and grass. All original debris was hauled to land fill and discarded.
- Stage 3 - Excavation and grading with Bobcat.
- Stage 4 - Chemical preparation; lime, fertilizer and insecticide.
- Stage 5 - Drywall Construction using a natural stone called Pennsylvania wall stone having brown and burgandy colors. Giving the landscape a natural effect while still complementing the existing walk and stoop masonry colors.
- Stage 6 - Raised Island Construction using a screened topsoi. Giving the landscape a focal point. Property was corner lot, placement of raised island was on corner near road for greater visibility.
- Stage 7 - Planting design was motified greatly from the original large overgrown type shrubs to dwarf species and slow growing evergreens.
- Stage 8 - Peat moss was latter spread throughout all beds for weed barrier.
- Stage 9 - Installation of seed and soil.
- All planting material was hand picked from local growing farms of this region to insure proper growth for our climate conditions.